7/7/12

Life and Its Do overs

A friend of mine died 2 weeks ago! At the mere age of 26 he drowned after having a boat party with "friends". This is the first time I lost someone my age to something so tragic. I've been to the funeral of my grandma, cousins, uncles, and friends relatives...never has it been for someone that I knew in college that had so much going for them. With one tragedy happening so close to home comes the realization that life is short. In any instance it can be taken and you'll have friends crying at your funeral making plans to keep in touch with other friends. It was one of the most tragic things I have had to deal with thus far other than my sister trying to take her own life. I saw grown men cry and a family I never met bury their son. It takes you to a place of reality when you have consumed yourself with daydreaming about the life you wish you had. Instead of embracing the good you've gotten, it's being consumed with the life you wish you had. At a funeral for someone only 26, those ideas become stupid because dreaming of the future is something us humans should not do. Only God knows what the future holds, turning left instead of right can change your whole life. So there comes a time when you need to focus on the present and try to be the better person you were from yesterday. 

With that, I am more aware of how my procrastination is ruining what can be considered a full life. Life is too short, it is time to seize the day and do those things that I said I wanted and needed to do.  

No comments: